Friday 4 December 2015

I met one of my all time favourite players

Hey, guys!

Today I'm going to be talking about the time I met one of my favourite hockey players. For those of you who don't know, I work at Pro Hockey Life, the worlds largest hockey retailer. It's a great job! I love my job there because I get access to all this awesome knowledge about equipment and NHL licensed products and if you're lucky you get to meet some NHL players that come into the store.


June 15, 2013


I had some friends visiting from out of town and they were staying at my house. There were 4 other boys staying at my house beside myself and my two other siblings. It got pretty hectic at home but I enjoyed every second of it. I had gone out last night with them and we had stayed out fairly late and I knew I had to work tomorrow.

The next morning I felt the effects of staying up until 4 am. I got up ran to the shower and quickly got ready for work. I ate a small bowl of cereal before bolting out the door to work. When I arrived I ran inside to avoid being late. I clocked in with five minutes to spare.

I headed over to my specific department and began asking customers if they needed a hand finding anything. I asked a gentleman who had his back turned to me if he needed any help. The man turned around and smiled at me and said "Hi there, I'm alright but I think my son might need a hand."

My eyes immediately went wide and I smiled back and said "Oh my gosh, you're Shane Doan from the Phoenix Coyotes."

He smiled and stuck his hand out and said "How's it going?" I said "Whoa, you're Shane Doan!"

For those of you who don't know Shane Doan is the last original Winnipeg Jets player in the NHL right now.

I had chatted with Shane for about 20 minutes before another customer needed a hand. In that time I got to know Shane and how the move from Winnipeg to Phoenix was a big culture shock for him. He also gladly volunteered to take a picture with me. I took about 5-6 photos with him because so all of them came out blurry. Each time I asked for another picture he said of course with a smile on his face. He was by far the nicest pro hockey player I have ever met. He also signed autographs fro kids and chatted with many other people in the store. All my other co-workers said he was one of the nicest guys as well.

So, I want to hear from you guys. What hockey players have you met and what was their personality like? Comment below!

Until next week, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment