Thursday 2 February 2017

A Canadian dish

Hey, guys!


So, today I'm going to be talking about one of my all time favourite fast foods. It's a common favourite if you hail from the great white north, much like myself. I call it "Greasy deliciousness" but the more common name for it is "Poutine".

Poutine is french fries with mozzarella cheese curds and hot gravy on top. I can already see you salivating as you read this haha.  Poutine was invented by mistake in the Montreal, Quebec in the late 1950's and when it was born it spread through Canada like wildfire.

Today, you can Poutine almost everywhere McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, you name it. However, the restaurant I went to is a little more over the top than those places. In 2011, Smoke's Poutinerie opened up here in the Exchange District and it's just a quick walk from RRC.

Today I popped in for a little treat after a long and rough week at school, but not just for some regular poutine. The cool thing about Smoke's is that you can get almost any type of topping on your poutine! Hot sauce, pulled pork, bacon, peppers, you name it, they got it. I got the Prime beef deluxe, it has ground beef, sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions and peas. It was like a warm Thanksgiving dinner on top of poutine. For $10 I had my lunch and dinner combined.

So, if you're thinking about getting yourself a nice plate of poutine this is the place to go! Now, I want to hear from you guys, what's your favourite fast food? Comment below!

Until next week guys!








No comments:

Post a Comment