Thursday 2 October 2014

Blog # 3

Today I'm going to be talking about the stereotypes people have about Metal and Hardcore music.

        Most people think Metal and Hardcore is simply a bunch of nut cases with instruments who don't know how to play them with a front man screaming into a microphone, while some of that might be true not all this music is coming from an angry background. It's just performed in a aggressive way.

        Believe it or not people in our society have a habit of judging people based on their taste in music, I've experienced this first hand. I've lost friends and I've had people give me weird looks as well as treat me differently because of the types of music that I like, which is ridiculous. People have told me "Oh you listen to Metal and Hardcore? Why don't you have any tattoos? Why is your hair short? Why don't you do drugs?" these are all actual questions I have been asked throughout high school and college.

        If you get to know people who listen to this type of music you will see that most of these people are very down to earth, kind and warm people who play in these aggressive bands. Most of the time Metal and Hardcore bands are making a statement of "don't ever judge a book by its cover." If people approached every single day with this mentality the world would be a much better place.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I listen to all kinds of music and sometimes get crazy looks on the bus if someone sees an album cover on my phone since "there's no way a white girl listens to that kind of rap." My boyfriend is a metalhead and is always singing and screaming in his room. His family means well, but they're always joking and saying it's the devil's music. So I definitely agree that there's a lot of stereotypes surrounding music tastes.

    ReplyDelete